All iPads Samsung Stylus

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Big Shisha, May 10, 2013.

1. Big Shisha macrumors member

Does anyone use a Samsung note stylus with their ipad, I tried one the other day in a store and it's a much nicer stylus.
    The reason I ask is that the stylus has a slightly more pointed tip and most of the ipad one's I have seen seem to have a larger rounded tip and I wondered if it's something to do with damaging the screen?

2. BigBeast macrumors 6502a

The stylus of the Galaxy Note is actually a digitizer made by Wacom. The iPad isn't equipped with the necessary hardware to utilize a digitizer. The iPad and iPhone utilize capacitive touch screens, which require a 6mm input size to be recognized, which is why all the styli for the iPad have large nubs. I haven't checked lately, but the best stylus with a small accurate tip is the Adonit Jot Pro. I write with the Jot Pro daily, and while it's not ideal, it works very well– just not as well as a digitizer would. I wish Apple would include digitizer ability in their upcoming lineups, but I don't think that will ever happen.

3. Big Shisha thread starter macrumors member

Ah ok, I thought it was something like that.
    Thanks for replying.

4. flameproof macrumors 6502a

flameproof

I just wanted to repeat that part. The iPad would be SO MUCH better with a high accuracy stylus. Of course crayon style accuracy is ok if you are sub-primary.