Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grkm3

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2013
This commercial is hilarious I actually just started laughing and everyone at work looked at me funny lol.I have not read all the comments but if its already been talked about Im sorry for bringing it back up.

This commercial has nothing to do with showing off the features of the phone and is a direct kick in the nuts to apple for suing them for everything they put a little patent on.

they used the lawyer from breaking bad that is helping the meth/dealer and his friend to stay out of jail.Man this commercial was great and I love that lawyer in the show breaking bad.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Samsung also obviously paid to have some people pre Oscars talking to celebs showing up on the red carpet say they were holding a Samsung Note 2 and what they were using rhem for. Heard that at least three times and didnt watch it all.

Dmaynard83

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2012
Steve Jobs’ ad man Ken Segall says Apple’s advertising has lost momentum to Samsung

http://9to5mac.com/2013/02/26/steve...les-advertising-has-lost-momentum-to-samsung/

While you can still argue that Macs and i-devices have a ton of appeal, you can’t argue that Apple is still untouchable when it comes to advertising…The fact is, it is being touched — often and effectively — by none other than Samsung…Samsung has made remarkable inroads in a very short time, for two big reasons.

According to Segall, the two big reasons Samsung’s advertising has eclipsed Apple’s is due to Sammy’s massive advertising budget and willingness to “bash away at Apple, delivering ads that are well produced, well written and seem to be striking a nerve.”

In contrast to Apple, which has been sticking to its product-based ads, Samsung has been scoring points with its people-based ads — most of which play off some growing negative perceptions about Apple… Samsung invested in a two-minute Super Bowl ad; Apple chose to remain silent. Samsung created a new story for the Oscars, tapping the eccentric Tim Burton; Apple ran only a variation of its more traditional product-centric campaign.

Segall also noted that the last time Apple attempted something new with its campaigns was with the controversial Olympics ads that were later taken down by the company.

Where is he working now again? Yea.......

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Where is he working now again? Yea.......

Not sure what your point here is. So his expertise is good enough when he's working for Apple, but if he's not with Apple anymore, his expertise is no longer credible or somehow unworthy of consideration?

That's what it sounds like you're suggesting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.