SAMSUNG SyncMaster 226BW

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sarah3585, Sep 3, 2007.

1. sarah3585 macrumors regular

sarah3585

Can anyone tell me what this is like? Basicly I'm trying to decide if I should get the new iMac as well as my macbook or just hoot up an external display. Style is important to me which is why I've chosen this one.

Can anyone tell me about it? Glossy? Matt? Reflections? What it's like compared to the iMac screens.

2. rainydays macrumors 6502a

I bought one for my MacBook early this spring but I'm going to sell it now since I got a iMac 24".

It's a matte display. And the image quality is good for avarage usage, but it doesn't really work that well when working with photos and such. It's a TN panel after all so it's aimed at the average consumer. However, I think it's a a pretty good TN panel. It does however has a fair amount of backlight bleeding, and it's not just on my unit, it's common on this model.

It is comparable to the 20" iMac in terms of image quality and viewing angles. But it doesn't come anywhere near the quality of the 24" iMac, it's a huge difference really.

However, if I would buy an external display in that price range again, I wouldn't buy the 226BW because it doesn't suite my needs for working with graphics and photo. I would much rather buy the Samsung 215TW because even if it's not as good looking the panel is superior compared to the 226BW, and it doesn't cost that much more. And it's what matters in the end.
    Besides it's not ugly. Just not as good looking.

However, if you just want a good looking monitor which provides you with a bit more screen real estate then the 226BW is a good choice. But if you work with graphics and photos, consider the 215TW instead.