Samsung SyncMaster 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor (245BW)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bluetooth, Aug 2, 2007.

1. bluetooth macrumors 6502a

bluetooth

2. mkgm1 macrumors regular

Are you going to be using it as just a monitor? If so, then it looks pretty good.

Personally I went for a Dell 2407wfp because all of the extra inputs it has (composite, component, s-video as well as dvi and vga), so I can connect it to my Xbox 360 and a digital TV box. It's about $100 more expensive, but worth it imo.

3. raccoontail macrumors member

I played with one at Costco. It's definitely a solid display for gaming, watching video, and general office work. If you do professional Photoshop editing I'd recommend getting a more expensive display from Apple, Sony, or Viewsonic's Pro Series for more accurate color. The case was very easy to adjust, but I like the Dell 24" better because it has more inputs/USB ports and the Samsung's case has shiny black finish that I didn't much care for, but many people might like.

4. flowagner macrumors member

flowagner

5. Arne macrumors regular

Hello,

I am thinking about buying this Display (245B) and use it as a TV as well with an EyeTV. I have a MacBook. I am worried about the viewing-angels. Can somebody please tell me anything about their experiences?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Arne