Samsung SyncMaster 245BW - calibrating for OSX

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Pat H, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Pat H macrumors member

I've tried to find some calibration settings for this monitor on forums, but everything is geared toward Windows (2.2 gamma). I'm primarily looking for accuracy because I do some photo/video editing. Just wondering if anyone has calibrated this monitor for use with OSX? What settings do you use on the monitor and in OSX? I would buy something like a Spyder calibrator but I can't justify spending that much on something I'll use once or twice.

Any help is very much appreciated.

2. kalex macrumors 65816

Hey,

in order to get accurate colors you need to use hardware device. you can't get anything accurate if you try to do it by eye. if you don't want to spend money on spyder 2, i suggest you buy Huey Pro. I picked one up on CL for $50 and it works great. Note though that some Huey Pros out there have a hardware defect where it causes a problem with severe magenta cast after calibration. its a hardware defect and Pantone is actively replacing them.
    also you will need to do calibration more than once or twice. usually you have to run it every 2 weeks as LCDs were out and color changes on them.

3. Pat H thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! I'll have to look into the Huey.