Samsung SyncMaster T240 Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Coolpowers, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Coolpowers macrumors newbie

Greetings everyone,

I had two of these screens connected to my 2009 MacPro, one to the Ati 4870 and the other to GeForce GT120. I was using them both together mounthes and was happy with them until this morning, when I woke my computer from slee[, I thought that my ther screen was sleeping or may be I had maximized a streaming youtube video while sleeping and it ended and it was the black screen I thought, so I pressed escape to get rid of full size mode but I noticed that the screen was working, but it was hardly noticeable, I mean, everything is all black as if the screen is turned off. I can very hardly see the wallpaper. The Problem is that when I turn it on, the screen is as it should be for 1 second then goes back to like this, even when I click on settings of the screen from the side buttons, they are dark too but I arrived to check the settings and brightness and contrast are on maximum.. and the problem is that I bought the screens when I was in France and now I am in italy, I dont know what to do...why would this problem occure?

PS: I connnected the both screen to the both card and it is allways the same screen who has the problem. I booted on Windows 7, it is the same problem too. Yesterday everything was working perfect.

Thank you in advance

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

Sounds like the backlighting in your monitor is shot. You'll need it replaced or repaired. I'm not sure if you can repair CCFL backlights easily, but I wouldn't try it unless you know what you're doing.