Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

avingochea

macrumors member
Original poster
Hi guys, I want to get into photography, I have a Nikon d40x and I just need a good monitor at a decent price. I found this one refurbished for like $200 I think, I'd have to double check (I'm at work now). So I just wanted to know if this monitor would be a pretty good buy for starting out on photography?

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
Hi guys, I want to get into photography, I have a Nikon d40x and I just need a good monitor at a decent price. I found this one refurbished for like $200 I think, I'd have to double check (I'm at work now). So I just wanted to know if this monitor would be a pretty good buy for starting out on photography?

I have the T260 (which is essentially a big bigger than what you're looking at) and I love it. Took me some time to calibrate it properly, but now it works great.

gnd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
At my cat's house
It's a monitor with a TN panel, which is not very good for photography purposes. Viewing angle is much much worse than with IP-S panel or something similar and you can't really properly calibrate it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.