Samsung T260HD and the Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by pikafumanchu, Oct 4, 2008.

1. pikafumanchu macrumors newbie

Hi All

I recently purchased a T260HD and am trying to use it as an external monitor for my MacBook Pro and as a TV, etc. Only problem is, the picture just isn't looking that good. I've tried everything, but nothing seems to work. It's especially annoying for use as a second monitor since my computer CAN run it at its native res of 1920x1200, but the picture just looks awful. Fairly pixelated and the colors are off. What's grey on my mac comes out as a stippling of grey and purple. I've fiddled with everything.

Also, when I try to calibrate through the OS, I can't save the color profiles. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks for the help

2. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

3. pikafumanchu thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm using DVI

4. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

did you try VGA or a different DVI cable?

5. pikafumanchu thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried DVI-DVI, DVI-HDMI, and DVI-VGA. The VGA option is more customizable at least, but still not the best. I'll have to give it another shot one more time with DVI-DVI.

6. manuel.mx macrumors member

erm, I'm looking for other T260HD information, but I own it and i use it as my display in my macbook and it rocks. Have you been able to properly configure it?

Good Luck