Samsung Tab S2 owners - Look what just dropped!

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Lloydbm41, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

• Wifi version only I'm assuming, but at least I'm rocking Android 6.0.1 now. Finally!

Attached Files:

2. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

That's good, quicker than normal to get the latest update?

3. Lloydbm41 thread starter macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

No idea. Never owned a Samsung Tablet before. But considering it has been 8 months since Marshmallow was released, I call that very slow!

4. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Normally they are very slow on the tablets

5. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I've waited a year for updates on Samsung tablets so this seems to be an improvement.

6. nj-morris macrumors 68000

nj-morris

I hate that. Why can't Android OEMs just pay more attention to their tablets?

7. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Yeah it's annoying

It's why it's hard to compete with the iPad. Updates as a whole is a blessing with Apple

8. jamesrick80, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016

jamesrick80 macrumors 68000

jamesrick80

This is actually a pretty fast update for Samsung purposes...getting a major update to the latest OS in less than a year is quite nice.....furthermore lollipop did not have any issues on samsungs latest tablets so no one was really complaining much. Samsung tablets have always done more and are far more useful than other android tablets EVEN WITHOUT CERTAIN UPDATES......

Every major feature that android N has is already on samsung latest devices so keep that in perspective and it doesn't have any bugs unlike the Pixel C which has wifi issues, keyboard connection issues, screen issues, and buggy android N app issues in developer mode.

9. Krackkid macrumors member

10. Lloydbm41 thread starter macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Well, the main feature I wanted was Doze mode. So glad the update came.

11. Roadstar macrumors 6502a

Roadstar

So while it seems that major OS updates take their sweet time to arrive, how's Samsung been doing with the security updates for their tablets? My iPad 3 is coming to the end of its road as it won't be supported on iOS 10 and I'm looking for a replacement. Even though a newer iPad would be a logical choice, the setup I'd want is rather expensive and I've been thinking if e.g. a Samsung tablet would make more sense for my use as it's much easier and less expensive to turn those into temporary laptop replacements thanks to USB OTG support and expandable storage. I'm just more than a little bit worried about the updates, but if they keep at least the security updates coming without a major delay, I think I could live with it.