Samsung to dump Google/Android? Not likely!

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by ChazUK, Mar 14, 2013.

1. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

I've been reading a lot of speculation that Samsung were pushing away from Google in a shift towards Tizen but the new CEO of Samsung has made it petty clear who they're most disappointed with.
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/15/4106980/samsung-ceo-jk-shin-says-windows-isnt-selling-very-well

Ouch!

And on Google/Android?

Looks like the world's biggest smartphone OEM isn't happy with Redmond at all. A boon for Nokia if Samsung are so tepid to Windows and Windows Phone but will Nokia fare well at all at being the number one own to the (currently) Number 4 most used smartphone operating system in the world?

With more OEM's jumping in the Tizen platform too, will MS struggle to keep Tizen at bay once Samsung throw their weight behind it?
    http://m.intomobile.com/2013/03/12/fujitsu-and-nec-launch-tizen-phones-next-year/

2. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

Samsung over-overseas has built its own operating system and only limited countries see it. Samsung customizes googles stock android to its "touch wiz" UI making it somewhat there own. I give it 5 more years.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

As samsung are almost replacing most of googles services (or at least packing their flagship handsets with samsung branded alternatives) with their own S'apps - if they can give Tizen a similar experience to Touchwiz (to aid the switch over) then eventually I could see Samsung moving all its products and controlling it's own OS and App store infrastructure.... But not for a number of years - but clearly the ground work is being done to do so.

4. Lindsford macrumors 6502a

It's gonna happen, if google doesn't get their **** together and put out a REAL smart phone, when Samsung switches alot of user base will follow.