Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
I got a note 9 and s3 gear frontier and the icon 2018 X earbubs.

All three of these have separate workout assistants. All of them.

I accidentally touch the wrong part of the icon X and I cannot turn off the damn workout assistant who h automatically switched on. I can't listen fmusic without this **** bothering me every minute.

Samsung tries to do everything and I'm thi king about selling all 3 and switching to Apple Im tired of it. I just wanna play music and that's it I do t need no workout assistant popping up automatically.

Reactions: Suckfest 9001

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
I understand "Samsung trying to do too much" is one reason so many people buy them over say an iPhone or pixel device :)

burgman

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2013
Samsung announced today profits will be down 60% this quarter from a year ago. Double whammy of slowing phone sales and declining components sales to other manufacturers. Get the snark going

Reactions: Suckfest 9001

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Samsung announced today profits will be down 60% this quarter from a year ago. Double whammy of slowing phone sales and declining components sales to other manufacturers. Get the snark going

That has nothing or little to do with phone sales.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/samsung-q1-profit-to-see-shock-60-decline/
The downturn in the global memory semiconductor market is the main cause, which was further exacerbated by declining prices of display panels.

Signs of the downturn in chips was first seen in last year's fourth quarter profits.

Market consensus in South Korea was previously some 9 trillion won, but the company warned on March 26 that profits would be lower than expected.

Samsung enjoyed an up-cycle in memory chips for the past two years that helped it enjoy record profits, which saw its peak in the third quarter of last year.

But analysts say for this year the company will have to endure a down-cycle. They cautiously predict demand will recover around the end of the year.

Reactions: Shanghaichica

StephanieMedlock

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2019
I got a note 9 and s3 gear frontier and the icon 2018 X earbubs.

All three of these have separate workout assistants. All of them.

I accidentally touch the wrong part of the icon X and I cannot turn off the damn workout assistant who h automatically switched on. I can't listen fmusic without this **** bothering me every minute.

Samsung tries to do everything and I'm thi king about selling all 3 and switching to Apple Im tired of it. I just wanna play music and that's it I do t need no workout assistant popping up automatically.
If not, how would they
[doublepost=1554958672][/doublepost]"Samsung tried to do too much" ...... if not how they would challenge to iOS ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.