Samsung's plan for same day repairs

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by convergent, Mar 14, 2018.

1. convergent macrumors 68030

convergent

One of a few areas where Apple has a big advantage over everyone else is being able to get repairs in a trusted place... the Apple Store. I bought my Note 8 from a carrier store and have SquareTrade for extended warranty, but what about repairs. I could take it to the carrier store, but mostly likely they'd send it out. Samsung is starting a partnership with UBreakIFix to offer parts and same day repairs on Samsung devices. This is a great step.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...ubreakifix-repair-galaxy-phone-battery-screen

2. 4RunnerHeaven Suspended

3. Breaking Good macrumors 65816

This seems like a good idea. A lot better than that WeWork idea they were floating around a few months ago.

4. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

My husband used this service today after cracking his Note 8 screen in a biking mishap. He had the screen replaced good as new within 2 hours. They can run diagnostics as well as repairing physical damage. 3 locations in Raleigh area.

5. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

I've used them. They fixed a cracked screen on aaGS6. Worked good as new . This is areally nice option to sending it in to Samsung.

6. I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

Perfect example of why competition is good for consumers.