Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Samsung's 32-inch Smart Monitor M8 has hit a new all-time low price today on Amazon, available for $399.99, down from $699.99. This is the newest M80C model of the Smart Monitor, and the only color Amazon has at this price is Warm White.

samsung-monitor-xmas.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

You will need to clip an on-page coupon worth $100 in order to see this discounted price applied at the checkout screen. You'll also need to be sure that you're purchasing the monitor from Amazon and not any other seller, as Amazon is the only one with the $100 on-page coupon code. If you follow the link below and don't see the code, navigate to "other sellers" tab on the right side of the page on Amazon and find the direct Amazon listing.

Once you do, you'll be able to buy the iMac-like Smart Monitor M8 with this massive $300 discount, which is a new all-time low price.

Note: You won't see the deal price until checkout.

Samsung launched this refreshed version of the Smart Monitor M8 back in June, including updates like HDR10+ support and a portrait orientation option.

You can find all the Apple Black Friday Deals currently available in our dedicated post. For everything else, we're keeping track of all of the season's best Apple-related deals in our Black Friday roundup, so be sure to check back throughout the month for an updated list of all the most notable discounts you'll find for Black Friday 2023.

Update: This deal has expired, but you can still get the monitor for $499.99 on Amazon.

Article Link: Samsung's Smart Monitor M8 Gets Massive $300 Black Friday Discount, Now Just $399.99

Last edited:

Pezimak

macrumors 68030
May 1, 2021
Is this monitor any good? I have been thinking of getting a second screen for my Huawei Mateview 28” which sadly no one has in stock anywhere, it is still on Huawei’s website though but again no stock.

This Samsung may be an alternative to a second Mateview?

adbe

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
Is this monitor any good? I have been thinking of getting a second screen for my Huawei Mateview 28” which sadly no one has in stock anywhere, it is still on Huawei’s website though but again no stock.

Read reviews. It's a decent screen if 4K at 30+ inches is OK for you, but the software/interface is cited as a serious negative by many people. It's *not* just a dumb monitor.

jsa909

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2023
FYI I'm definitely not seeing the coupon to clip on the detail page ... right now seeing $499.99 and 5 left.

HackMacDaddy

Cancelled
Dec 17, 2019
This thing is almost always on sale at least on Amazon. So it's not a "special occasion because sales are low". Reviews are mostly positive. You're getting a smart TV (Netflix, Disney, Prime etc) + Monitor with USB-C charging your MacBook. I've been using a 4K Display (not this one) for years now and I don't know how people are complaining about bad scaling. MacOS works perfectly fine with 4K screens (see iMac has 4K*incorrect, it has 4,5K) and there are no artifacts or whatever.

If you want an even cheaper option look up the Samsung M7 instead of M8.

Last edited:

Jumpthesnark

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2022
California
Well that's most of the Black Friday stuff. It's rarely if ever the latest and greatest, mostly stuff that brands want to move out of inventory. They figure most people are just going into wild-eyed shopping mode and not seeing that the 4K TV on sale is a model from last year, for example.

alexandr

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099

It's a piece of garbage. I tried very hard to calibrate it in order to even remotely resemble my MacBook, and then it went back.

mecloud

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2019
1) I see no such deal on either of the two listings on Amazon for this monitor, including the link from the MacRumors article.

2) terrible reviews for this monitor;

3) my own past experiences with Samsung TV’s and monitors has been pretty negative.

/threestrikes

MattA

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
Orlando, FL
Read reviews. It's a decent screen if 4K at 30+ inches is OK for you, but the software/interface is cited as a serious negative by many people. It's *not* just a dumb monitor.
When I bought my wife one of these, we just didn't connect it to the internet. It complained for awhile, but eventually piped down and now operates as a dumb monitor. It kicks on when the mac is awakened, and shuts off when we put it to sleep. Works fine.

Reactions: jouster

ostrykolesz

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Poland
I bought this monitor. The picture quality is decent. The webcam has the worst mics in the world - I had to buy a new webcam. For $399 get it only if you want the SmartTV features. If you just want a monitor, get a regular Samsung monitor for a lot cheaper.

Reactions: Pezimak

hardwickj

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2009
This thing is almost always on sale at least on Amazon. So it's not a "special occasion because sales are low". Reviews are mostly positive. You're getting a smart TV (Netflix, Disney, Prime etc) + Monitor with USB-C charging your MacBook. I've been using a 4K Display (not this one) for years now and I don't know how people are complaining about bad scaling. MacOS works perfectly fine with 4K screens (see iMac has 4K) and there are no artifacts or whatever.

If you want an even cheaper option look up the Samsung M7 instead of M8.
Because 4k with 2x scaling means 1920x1080 resolution. On a 32" that's wayyyy too large. And not using integer scaling results in an absolutely trash image. You'd be better off running it at native resolution without any scaling.

Reactions: R3k

Pezimak

macrumors 68030
May 1, 2021

It's a piece of garbage. I tried very hard to calibrate it in order to even remotely resemble my MacBook, and then it went back.

Hmm well I won't be calibrating it. Only use it for work. But I do wonder if I'll get annoyed with 2 different screens? But I'm guessing half decent screen but rubbish on the feature integration. Maybe I'll wait for another Mateview. Or look at LG.

superberg

macrumors member
May 12, 2010
Schaumburg, IL
Got one of these for the same price at Best Buy last week. We use as a combination dining room/spare office desk monitor(the dining room being a second office when my housemate and I both need to take meeting from home at the same time).

It’s okay. Not worth the full price, but on sale it’s acceptable. I never use the smart features, it never even connects to wifi. I just plug in an iPad via USB-C to watch stuff when eating.

Color is lackluster. Somewhat vibrant but poor black levels. It’s only noticeable when next to a better display, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.