San Antonio Attractions

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by eldy, Mar 22, 2010.

1. eldy macrumors 6502

What's good to see in San Antonio other than the Alamo, Riverwalk and the Spurs vs. Lakers? :)

2. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Austin. It's about an hour and a half to the north.

3. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Seaworld?

EDIT: Seriously, some of the best selection of Mexican food I've ever had...and I've had plenty.

4. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Tower of the America's is a great place to get a view of the city, and there's a few really great art museums along the riverwalk area if you like that kind of thing. :p Fiesta Texas is a pretty nice little amusement park as well.

5. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

As Cassie said, the Tower of the Americas is pretty cool. It's a smaller scale Space Needle. :)

I liked the Natural Bridge Caverns. The Witte Museum is a science/technology museum.

If you want something a little more cheesy, there is always the Ripley's Believe it or Not.

Edit: forgot about the Market Square. Lots of crafts type places and restaurants.

6. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I love going to San Antonio, all of these are excellent places to visit if you have the time.

7. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

What else do you need besides the Riverwalk and a Spurs game? The Alamo never did much for me, even when I lived in SA.

8. Disc Golfer macrumors 6502a

Check out the Alamo's basement. I hear they have a really great bicycle down there.

9. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Yeah, I really like San Antonio. I have considered moving there, but so far I have been too chicken to just up and move there.