San Antonio Transportation Advice

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by floyde, Oct 19, 2007.

1. floyde macrumors 6502a

floyde

Hi guys, I need a little bit of help here. My friend and I are planning a last minute trip to San Antonio. She's taking a course there and she asked me if I could go with her this weekend and take her shopping. I'm from Mexico and I've gone shopping in Texas several times before, but I usually go with friends who drive all the way there and who know their way around. I've never gone there driving by myself, so I really don't think it's a good idea for me to take my car (I hardly know my way around the city where I live :eek:).

So I was wondering about transportation in San Antonio... Taxi fares in the US are way too expensive for me, so I was thinking I could use the bus system. I've never used the bus in San Antonio, so I have no idea how feasible it is to move around in this way. Basically I'm staying at some Motel 6 in South Panam Expressway, then I'd need to pick up my friend in Cantrell Drive and from there we'd go shopping to some mall and whatnot... So I'm wondering if I could get some advice on this... would I have to walk a lot? is it dangerous? Is there a better way of moving around that is budget friendly? etc... Thanks in advance :eek:

2. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

biggest problem is the public transportation is Texas is not that great because of how spread out the city is does not make it very piratical cost wise to have a good system.