Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 2, 2010
Who's going to be there at 5pm on April 30th when the 3G iPad comes out? I will. Thinking about getting there around 4pm. Anybody else?

icanhasiphone?

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2008
San Diego, CA
Count me in! I'm still thinking about what Apple store to head to though, I usually try to avoid the Fashion Valley one because it's always so crowded there. I'll probably end up a Fashion though. I'll be in line by 3 or 4 depending on how long the line is. :)

64GB 3G iPad here I come.

MattWylde

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2009
Count me in! I'm still thinking about what Apple store to head to though, I usually try to avoid the Fashion Valley one because it's always so crowded there. I'll probably end up a Fashion though. I'll be in line by 3 or 4 depending on how long the line is. :)

64GB 3G iPad here I come.

I would highly recommend going to the Apple store in Eastlake/Otay Ranch. It's a bit of a drive East if you live downtown, but the Fashion Valley is pure madness.

icanhasiphone?

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2008
San Diego, CA
I would highly recommend going to the Apple store in Eastlake/Otay Ranch. It's a bit of a drive East if you live downtown, but the Fashion Valley is pure madness.

I was thinking the same exact thing, I live in Rancho San Diego so I live pretty much equal distance from both of those stores. I'm just wondering if the Otay store will get enough in stock since its a smaller store. Hmmm, I still have a week and a half to think about it.

iPhone1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 2, 2010
I was there for the WIFI iPad launch at Fashion Valley. It was not that bad.

iPhone1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 2, 2010
About how many people where waiting in line you think for the WiFi launch? Im not sure what time I should get in line.

I got there at around 5:45 AM and I was the 7th person in line. By the time it opened at 9AM I would say there was about 150 people in line. I don't expect as many people.
I expect there will be a decent turnout since it will be available to purchase at 5pm on a Friday. I'm going to get there at around 3:30 PM. Just in case!:D

joegomolski

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2006
So CA
San Diego Lunch 3G iPad.

I went to Fashion Valley for the WiFi iPad. I arrived around 11AM on lunch day, walked in and bought one. I asked the Manager of the Genius group, what their stock was like. He told me they had hundreds available at 11AM. Further he said Fashion Valley is the lead Apple Store in San Diego, and as such receives the largest stock of any new Apple product.
I have purchased from Fashion Valley all 3 iPhone models on their launch day, and in each case they had a very large display.
I'll be at Fashion Valley.

icanhasiphone?

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2008
San Diego, CA
I went to Fashion Valley for the WiFi iPad. I arrived around 11AM on lunch day, walked in and bought one. I asked the Manager of the Genius group, what their stock was like. He told me they had hundreds available at 11AM. Further he said Fashion Valley is the lead Apple Store in San Diego, and as such receives the largest stock of any new Apple product.
I have purchased from Fashion Valley all 3 iPhone models on their launch day, and in each case they had a very large display.
I'll be at Fashion Valley.

Cool, Hopefully they'll have enough 3G iPad's to go around. :D

adpretto

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2008
San Diego , CA
iPad 3G Launch SD

I plan to take Friday off from Work , But Im gonna do my Homework and stop by the Apple Store Thursday Night and see how they plan to Launch this product.

My Plan of Attack is to wake up Early and Head over to the Apple Store and Check it out. If there's a line then I will join them.

Since the WiFi has already been released and plus you can order you iPad and have it delievered to your Front Door Step I Believe that the turn out will be smaller than Usually.

And Since I didn't Pre-Order it I wanna make sure I get so I will be ready early.

I was in line for the Original iPhone #10 in Line and about #150 for iPhone 3G on Launch Day.

My Only Question is How many people were in line for WiFi Launch and had Pre-Ordered it? Before they allowed the Purchase Line in?

iKrl

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2009

I would like to go but I've got a huge question is it true that international customers that go to the u.s. apple stores can't buy an ipad?:confused:

joegomolski

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2006
So CA
Hi,
The WiFi line for FV, started in shortly after 10AM.
I arrived around 11AM, walked right in, at that time
they had hundreds in stock.
Regarding International customers I do not beleive there
are restrictions. For example, many people from Europe
flew to NYC bought several iPhones and then flew home.
Kept 1 for themselves and sold the rest for profit.

adpretto

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2008
San Diego , CA
Apple Store Fashion Valley First in Line

Hey Everyone ,

I'm outside the Fashion Valley Mall Apple Store and No one else is here.

Come on Down Folks and join US.

Apple iPad 3G Lauch Today at 5pm

thesmileman

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2008
Hey Everyone ,

I'm outside the Fashion Valley Mall Apple Store and No one else is here.

Come on Down Folks and join US.

Apple iPad 3G Lauch Today at 5pm

Glad to see others are getting out early. I am first at the frisco, tx store. Got in 45 minutes before the mall opened because i was outside and it was raining and one of the security guys let me in. The manager in the apple store was already there and waved. Honestly i thought there would be a ton more people here

thesmileman

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2008
Still only people here , But the Morning Manager Just Arrived!

Now we Wait.

You think that is exciting i just got to watch the cleaning cre vacuum the floor at my store. You are lucky you are not alone i couldn't get my wife to join me. I tried everything. Also i have had several people give me the "what are you doing here look" then ignore me and move on. Good luck!

adpretto

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2008
San Diego , CA
San Diego

Well I guess the Vacuum was very exciting,

We have two security guards stop bye, One Didnt say nothing but the second called her dispatch and was very upset they Didn't know about the Launch, and she was upset the dispatch didn't say nothing.

I guess it tough when your a wanna be cop and don't the way you want.

adpretto

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2008
San Diego , CA
Kicked Out

Wow Do I have to tell you this ,

We Just got kicked out of the Mall.

The Head Mall Security Just said to us that because Apple Didn't arrange for a special Event to occur so the mall management will not allow is Line Forming during mall hours.

He Said we can come back when the mall offcially opens which i believe is 10 am but we can't form a line outside of apple until the mall Security is notified by Apple.

What Bull**** !!!!

So Now we are back at home and will wait til the Mall Opens then head back. To check out the Scence

thesmileman

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2008
Wow Do I have to tell you this ,

We Just got kicked out of the Mall.

The Head Mall Security Just said to us that because Apple Didn't arrange for a special Event to occur so the mall management will not allow is Line Forming during mall hours.

He Said we can come back when the mall offcially opens which i believe is 10 am but we can't form a line outside of apple until the mall Security is notified by Apple.

What Bull**** !!!!

So Now we are back at home and will wait til the Mall Opens then head back. To check out the Scence

I am soooooo very sorry. Everyone here has been great. Finally met the manager.

adpretto

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2008
San Diego , CA
iPad SD

Hey everyone ,

So the Apple Store is open and now the line can begin the mall security is allowing a line to form

so 7:30 hours til launch

Come on down everyone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.