San Diego Comic Con 2010

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rhett7660, Jul 21, 2010.

1. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

So who is going and what are you looking forward to, what are you looking to get?

Going all four days and really looking forward to the preview of "Thor" and hopefully a sneak peak at "Captain America".

Everything else is just icing on the cake.

Looking for some out of print comics that I am hoping are not too hard to find and a few toys/statues I have had my eye on.

2. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

3. rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

LOL..... just heard they are going to have a panel with a sneak peak at some additional never before seen footage. So yup I am also looking forward to Tron stuff also.

4. nataliamck macrumors 6502

I'm so jealous of anyone going to Comic Con!

I must start saving for next year immediately. Give the Vampire Diaries cast a big geeky wave from me :D

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Please tell us about Tron and the Green Lantern preview!

6. rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

Tron was good. Still kind of on the fence. Didn't make the green lantern preview thou. Although I did get so see Ryan from about 10 feet away. Didn't have time to snap a shot thou. Damn security. But he was on the floor signing at the WB booth.

Thor looooooooooooooks GOOD! Saw about 5 minutes of Captain America. It was all very very rough stuff. Can't really make an opinion on it yet thou. They had only been shooting C.A. for about 6 days or so.

One movie that look down right hilarious and we were treated to a good 5-10 minutes of it was "Paul". This movie looked great!!! And it was still in it's rough spots but man the scenes we did get to see were great!!!

Cowboys V Aliens looks pretty good also. But once again they were only shooting for a very short period of time. I can say when Harrison Ford came out on stage the place went nuts. He received what seemed like forever, standing ovation. The place went nuts.

I was able to sit on a quite a few TV panels also. The cast from Big Bang was great. They by far were some of the funniest people out of character that we were able to see. They looked and acted like friends. They were also very warm when it was time to sign and great people on the floor. They were great!!!!!

7. iRance macrumors regular

Did you get a video of the Thor and Captain America sneak peek?
    I can't find them anywhere..:(

8. rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

Neg... The C.A. you really didn't get to see anything. It was a montage of WWII footage shot inside the shield. You then see him standing for a split second looking over his shoulder. He then throws the shield towards the camera. The whole sequence is less then 15 seconds of time. The only part of the movie we see is the Red Skull before he is the Red Skull. The scene was some 4-5 minutes long.

Thor on the other hand. Sorry I didn't get to video tape. :(

9. rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

One other thing I found quite interesting is how many iPads were at the convention. Booths showing their comics on it and it looked freaking great. This was the first time seeing this and I was impressed. Not only were exhibitors using them but they were in the audience all over the place and in the hall ways with people using them.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

If you had gotten a shot of Ryan Reynolds, I would have had to send you money. :)

11. rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

LOL....... Damn you security!!!! :D He seriously had a ton of security. It was tough to stop and get a shot of him. But he was only about 10 feet away. For a split second only thou....

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

That stinks. He's great. I think he'll do quite well as Green Lantern.

13. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Did you hear about the guy who got stabbed in the eye with a pen? It must have hurt really bad :(

14. rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

Yup.. Hall "H". It was right before the "Cowboy vs Alien" panel or "Paul" panel. Can't remember which. Hell it was three people in a fight, two were stabbed with a pen, one was choked out. Two went to the hospital and one went to jail.

Everyone was taking pictures and video of the after event. But yup we were there. It wasn't close to us but we were in the hall when it happened.

It was ALL over the news that night lol..

15. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Yeah, I bet they had a field day :D

Luckily, IGN (who I was mostly following for all the news) didn't have much about it. Not that I don't care about the poor guy, but it's about the show and the news.

16. rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

Exactly........