iPad Pro San Disk Connect

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nicegoogly, Jan 11, 2016.

1. nicegoogly macrumors regular

nicegoogly

As I have been trying to make this my road warrior laptop (I am a trial attorney and it has been good so far). Depending on my needs for a particular trial, I may need a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro (some imaging and surveillance video require certain proprietary software and need a cd, even Windows to work) from time to time, but I wanted the IPad Pro to take over my true day to day needs and even doing things in my office. For the most part, it has been working rather swimmingly. Multi-tasking being the biggest adjustment, but Safari and Word share the screen just fine. One big issue is using thumb drives. I have just purchased the 200 GB Sandisk Connect and will see if this solves that problem. I have all sorts of cloud access, but every now and then I need the damn USB connection for someone or something else. I will report back with how useful it is. Before anyone says anything, it is unfortunate to spend another 100 bucks to make it what Cook half serious said it could be, but I think this will work out well.

2. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

I have been looking at picking up one myself. Let us know how it works out of you. It seems like a good idea. Thanks.

3. sparksd macrumors 6502a

Here's my solution for this - a RavPower FileHub:

http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-Vers...e=UTF8&qid=1452534435&sr=8-2&keywords=filehub

I can wirelessly attach any USB storage device so I'm not limited to a single storage source. I really like it for streaming movies but I also use it to back up photos from my camera's SD card and have even had to use it as a router for Internet in a hotel that had only wired connectivity. Works absolutely great. And it's only $35.00.

4. sparksd macrumors 6502a

5. nicegoogly thread starter macrumors regular

nicegoogly

Sorry it took so long to report back. So far, this thing is pretty terrific. At first, it wouldn't pop up on my Mac, but when it finally played nice, I was able to load a bunch of movies, docs and .cbr files.

Connected easily to both the iPhone and the iPad Pro. I played .mp4, .mkv and .avi files that started up immediately. Scrubbing and pausing and going in and out of the app and cause a hiccup on larger files playing, but all in all, pretty good media player. It also found my apple TV and could broadcast from the app to the TV to play the video. Transferring files was not terrible, but it took a second for iOS to allow me to choose which app I wanted to transfer a file to, like a .cbr file to comic zeal. Transfer speed is rather quick. I sent a file to a friend's iPhone, a 2.48 GB file that transferred in less than ten minutes.

For 200 GB and the wireless capabilities at just over $100.00, I can't complain.