San Francisco Bay Area Availability

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dan5.5, Mar 26, 2011.

1. dan5.5 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hey All!

I have been trying to get an iPad since launch. Stood in like twice for about 3 hrs each time and I can't get one. I am really upset and wasting my time in line. How has the availability been lately. Where have you been able to get an iPad. What is the best place to get one. How has stonestown apple been? Super busy? Thx!

2. kamelperez macrumors newbie

The chestnut st store had them every morning at 9am all last week. I walked by it on my way to work every morning and only saw a few people in line around 8:30. That might be a good spot to try.

3. xraytech macrumors 68020

Where where you this past Tuesday @ Stonestown Galleria? Every one in line, 200 is my guess, got a voucher.

The mall open at 9am but I got there at around 6am and maybe 100 people were there already in line. I scored the last Black AT&T 64GB.

4. playitloud macrumors newbie

They hand out vouchers @ 7am. If u go then u should be good

5. rondz macrumors regular

rondz

Walnut Creek Apple Store location is pretty good with getting shipments too, they start handing out vouchers at about 7:45am. I would recommend lining up there by 7am if you want the model you want.

6. xraytech macrumors 68020

What version are you looking for? Usually all the 16GB WiFi and WiFi/AT&T iPad 2 go first.

7. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

8. playitloud macrumors newbie

I got an ipad 16gb wifi black today @ stonestown. I went to the mall at 9:20 am. They said they passed out all vouchers @ 7am, but that if people did not show up or if all vouchers weren't used by 10 am, I would be able to get one max. I was second in line. At 10 am, I got what i wanted and the whole process took only 45 minutes.

On a side note, the people there were really pleasant, and made the whole experience a breeze.

9. EzeE1o macrumors newbie

i was at hillsdale this morning. fell in line at 7am, and was about #30. at 8:45 the worker started to hand out tickets but even before they got to me they said they only had verizon models left, all the att and wifi were taken

10. dan5.5 thread starter macrumors 6502

I got one of craigslist for $40 more than retail. I am pretty happy. Saves me from going to the store early.

11. jayz6868 macrumors newbie

I just returned a white 32gb wifi at the walmart milpitas store. Since I got a AT&T 64gb at the walmart San leandro, I can afford to return it. Go try walmarts, there seems to be a lot.