San Francisco Font shown differently on some sites

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by cynik, Sep 25, 2015.

1. cynik macrumors newbie

Has anyone noticed, for those of you who frequent theverge.com, that when using the Reader mode to read their articles, San Francisco font text is thin, but using the Reader mode elsewhere with San Francisco font presents a normal/heavier font? Does anyone know why it's not consistent?

Attached Files:

2. KALLT, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015

KALLT macrumors 601

I have the same on El Capitan. Reader mode seems to save your preferences per website. It could be that iOS 9 has not overridden all of the style settings or that the markup of the website somehow interferes with the reader mode (it’s also just HTML, Javascript and CSS). Or it’s simply another unrelated bug.

Edit: When I inspect the source code, I see that reader mode has added a font-weight property to the body text <p> elements. Odd. Maybe it uses that style for a particular part (like a headline, or quote or like) and misinterprets the structure of the article on The Verge.

3. cynik thread starter macrumors newbie

If that's the case, then I wouldn't mind because I quite like the thin font displayed on The Verge over the other sites.