San Jose, California iPhone Info

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by krUnIzZlE, Sep 28, 2010.

1. krUnIzZlE macrumors regular

My dad is buying a iphone from San Jose,California and what are the chances of me getting a iphone with 4.01 ???? Also if i get 4.02, will i be screwed???? and what about 4.1 ?? i want to know everything. im in india, need to unlock also...... please help.....

Also, I have told my dad to get either iPhone 4.01 (priority) or iPhone IOS 4.02. not to get 4.1.

2. TheNewDude macrumors 6502a

4.0.1 = Can be unlocked.

4.0.2 = CANNOT be unlocked.

4.1 = CANNOT be unlocked YET. Dev team is working on unlocking it. Should be too far.

The likelyhood of you getting a 4.0.1 is very low. It will most likely be 4.1. You will just have to wait for the unlock. Or if you know anyone in Canada, u can get the factory unlocked phone from an Apple store in Canada. I believe UK also.

3. krUnIzZlE thread starter macrumors regular

Well, Some people are saying that 4.1 WONT be unlocked, only 4.02 will be... so im tryin to get my hands on 4.01 as main priorty but if not then 4.02, Also, is a unlock out yet for 4.01 ??????

4. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

The guys post above just said that 4.0.1 can be unlocked. If you read the dev teams website it says they have an unlock for 4.1 in it's testing phase (It works but it's not ready for public release yet). They are working on it. More than likely it will be here before 4.2 comes out. 4.0.2 and 4.1, at this moment in time, are not able to be unlocked.

5. TheNewDude macrumors 6502a

Sorry your information is incorrect.
    The Dev Team has clearly said that they will not work on unlocking 4.0.2.

So your best bet is avoid 4.0.2.

4.1 unlock shouldn't be too far away.

6. krUnIzZlE thread starter macrumors regular

So, if i get 4.02, then i should just just update to 4.1 right????? Because if i update then the baseband will also get updated.... i am so confused right now. damn

7. TheNewDude macrumors 6502a

Yes.
    The Dev Team has said they won't work on a 4.0.2 jailbreak.
    So if you can't jailbreak, you can't unlock.

My phone came with 4.0.2. I have already updated to 4.1 and am waiting for the Dev Team to release the 4.1 unlock.

8. krUnIzZlE thread starter macrumors regular

O ok, thank you for your help and also, do you know if you can tell which IOS is pre installed by looking at the back of the box?????? Or do you have to take the iphone out of the box and activate it to see????

9. TheNewDude macrumors 6502a

Yeah, as far as I know you have to open the box and check the actual phone to know which OS is on it.

10. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

4.0.1 and 4.0.2 share the same baseband so 4.0.2 can be unlocked if there was a jailbreak for it (which there isn't). 4.1 on the other hand has a new baseband for which there is no unlock, and the dev team have not said anything about progress on an unlock for it. So even if you're on 4.0.2 do not upgrade (unless you know how to preserve the baseband) if you want an unlock when the 4.1 jailbreak comes out.

11. TheNewDude macrumors 6502a

Australia
    Belgium
    Czech Republic
    Canada
    Greece
    Hong Kong
    Italy
    Luxemburg
    Macau
    Malaysia
    New Zealand
    Russia
    Saudi Arabia
    Singapore
    Slovakia
    South Africa
    Taiwan
    Thailand
    Turkey
    United Arab Emirates

The above countries offer unlocked iPhones 4s according to a website i found through Google.

If your dad is passing one of those countries, you might be better off getting the factory unlocked ones.

Goodluck!

12. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

As others have said, you likely won't get 4.0.1. If you can get 4.0.2 don't upgrade unless you upgrade and preserve the baseband. While a jailbreak for 4.1 is likely near, it will probably be a long time before an unlock for 4.1+ is available.

13. krUnIzZlE thread starter macrumors regular

Well, my dad got one, and all they had i nstock was the iphone IOS 4.1. Lets see what happens now.... i guess ill join the "Waiting Game" now.. :eek::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

14. shmeaty macrumors member

idk if my situation is different cuz its a refurb from AT&T, but my iPhone 4 that i got it on 09-27-2010, came with 4.0.1 on it.

15. krUnIzZlE thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I got a 32GB iPhone 4 iOS Version 4.1. People are saying the jailbreak is not far at all. Maybe Just a Couple of More days, Although i will get my iPhone on October 28th.... :( So hopefully by that time, the unlock will also be released. Lets see what happens i guess.... Im constantly checking Twitter.....

P.S. Anyone that has recently bought a iPhone (whether it was 32GB or 16GB) have any problems like prox, or antenna issues????? etc. ????? Can some people give there opinions????