Sanding down Matte Top

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by endlightend, Nov 7, 2013.

1. endlightend macrumors member

Hey all,
    after bringing my Macbook to some hole in the wall repair shop (to no avail), I received it back with scratches all over the top of my case. I've got a Macbook 2,1 with the Matte and not glossy finish- anyone have any experience sanding one of these down and any tips to offer?

2. WildCard^ macrumors regular

I don't have advice to offer on sanding. My condolences on them gouging your MB. Is it bad enough to consider getting one of those decorated labels to cover the case top?

What did they say was the cause of the damage, or did they take no credit?

3. SVAman macrumors newbie

there are some polishes that will work--i found a maquires polish that I used once on a white macbook.

HOWEVER, don't use it on the apple logo, as the logo is a matte finish, and it'll cause it to show..... :(

4. endlightend thread starter macrumors member

It's just a few very light scratches, but mildly irritating as I had taken precaution over years of owning it to only have it be looked at (for a failed hard drive) and then given back to me with no service done but in worse condition than I had brought it in with.
    No acknowledgement on their part, but lesson learned- last time I don't go to an authorized dealer.

----------

Thanks for the tip- I'll look into it.