Sandisk Extreme PRO reader doesn't see 280 MB/s SD card

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by HDFan, Nov 5, 2015.

1. HDFan, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015

HDFan macrumors 6502

I am now on my 3rd Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS-II SD Reader/Writer. It shows in System Report as "SanDisk SDDR-329 USB device". It works intermittently with some cards, and not at all with others. When it doesn't work the reader shows in system report as a USB device, but the card itself does not show in disk utility or the finder. The results are the same whether I use either of my two Satechi USB 3 hubs or whether I connect directly to my late 2013 MacPRO running 10.10.5.

A SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-II 280 MB/s Memory Card is NEVER seen.
    A SanDisk 32 GB Extreme Pro 95 MB/s may or may not be seen
    A Delkin 32 GB 95 MB/s card doesn't seem to be seen

I have used a Sandisk Micromate for years on the slower cards and have never had a problem.

Sandisk Failure Analysis has looked at my returned reader and say that it works fine in their lab. They gave me their number, so I'm trying to see what I can do on this end to see where the problem is.

I'm wondering if there is something unique about the late 2013 MacPro that may cause the problem?

2. HDFan thread starter macrumors 6502

After a long session with Apple Support discovered that this is a known issue with Yosemite. High speed readers USB3 readers don't work. Upgraded to El Capitan and is working now.