Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zirosky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has tried the SanDisk Ixpand flash drive with both lightning and usb-c ports and what was their experience like (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08JCX12SK/ref=cm_sw_r_oth_api_glc_fabc_0V57MFG55N4PTGZ903DZ?th=1)? Would you recommend it? How easy it is to transfer photos and videos from the iPhone to the flash drive? And is it possible to transfer some of them back to the iPhone at some point?

Thanks
I use it. Quite often and it’s very easy to transfer photos. When I first used it the flash drive lost connection when transferring photos. After reconnecting, it actually downloaded all the previous photos I had creating duplicates. So instead of just having 400 photos for example, I ended up having 600+. I just went in and deleted the duplicate photos and now it works perfectly. I also have instant backup enabled so once I plug it in, it automatically starts transferring photos over to the iXpand. I also have my contacts backed up to it as well. Transferring photos using the usb-a to a computer is easy as well. Just plug it in and the computer recognizes it as an external flash drive. Open it up and start transferring photos to and from the iXpand.

Leon1das

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2020
I use it. Quite often and it’s very easy to transfer photos. When I first used it the flash drive lost connection when transferring photos. After reconnecting, it actually downloaded all the previous photos I had creating duplicates. So instead of just having 400 photos for example, I ended up having 600+. I just went in and deleted the duplicate photos and now it works perfectly. I also have instant backup enabled so once I plug it in, it automatically starts transferring photos over to the iXpand. I also have my contacts backed up to it as well. Transferring photos using the usb-a to a computer is easy as well. Just plug it in and the computer recognizes it as an external flash drive. Open it up and start transferring photos to and from the iXpand.
Hi, considering getting one of these but wondering if installing that specific SanDisk app is a must.

I dont need backup options.

Can I simply plug it without installing the app, open Files on iPhone and copy-paste files from internal storage to usb key.

Can you please confirm if this is possible?

Many thanks

Miqs

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2013
Bedfordshire, UK
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has tried the SanDisk Ixpand flash drive with both lightning and usb-c ports and what was their experience like (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08JCX12SK/ref=cm_sw_r_oth_api_glc_fabc_0V57MFG55N4PTGZ903DZ?th=1)? Would you recommend it? How easy it is to transfer photos and videos from the iPhone to the flash drive? And is it possible to transfer some of them back to the iPhone at some point?

Thanks
Just bought one and downloaded the app and it seems to have worked ok. However I would like to check the flash drive to see if ALL the photos and files on my iPad have been backed up. At this time I have no knowledge of how to check the files folder without the image gallery opening up, to confirm they are all there. In short how do I see all the backup content in file order? Is it possible? I am running iMac Monterey.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.