Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
wow.. the new Sansa View sure looks sweet!! SDHC cards as well as 8GB onboard flash memory!!

if jobs dont pull the ipod video out tomorrow, my money is probably going to sandisk :rolleyes:

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
Not too shabby:
4" screen
1080i output
Efficient power usage
8 GB expandable to 40 GB.
I'm not sure, but if "Plays for sure" gives it access to a lot of content, then this is a pretty decent contender.

There's plenty of room for apple to beat it though:
* 8 GB is pretty small for standard def video content and very small for HD content. And are there really 32 GB SD cards around? If so, how much do they cost???
* UI - if you don't have a good UI and sync system, the rest of it really doesn't matter. An iPod like interface and integration with iTunes is a huge plus for any real contender.
* Where is this 1080i content coming from? (It may exist, but I don't follow plays-for-sure content providers very closely). If you only have 480p content, it really doesn't matter if you can output at 720i/p 1080i/p.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
All the more reason to realse something like that themselves. Hopefully it will be touch screen. I would expect Apple to feel a little bit pressured from all of the fake photos floating around, people are almost expecting a touchscreen.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
While Sansa's device is sweet, there's not enough on-device storage to make it worthwhile.
45.gif

I think if we do see a "true" video iPod it will be something about the size of the Samsung Q1 ultra-portable computer with a 16:9 aspect ratio screen, full touchscreen functions, and either 80 GB or 120 GB hard drive storage. Cheap it won't be, though: I expect the 120 GB version to cost as much as US$499. :eek:

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
While Sansa's device is sweet, there's not enough on-device storage to make it worthwhile.

That's true, 8Gb is definitely not enough

I think if we do see a "true" video iPod it will be something about the size of the Samsung Q1 ultra-portable computer with a 16:9 aspect ratio screen, full touchscreen functions, and either 80 GB or 120 GB hard drive storage. Cheap it won't be, though: I expect the 120 GB version to cost as much as US$499. :eek:

It would be worth it; at least Steve will make you believe it's a steal ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.