Santa Rosa Macbook (An overview)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by skitzogreg, Nov 8, 2007.

1. skitzogreg macrumors 6502

skitzogreg

Live from my new Santa Rosa Macbook (2.0 C2D/4 GB Ram/80GB HD/X3100).

The fans are ridiculous. They go off for no reason and sound like an aircraft carrier. However, this thing is blazing fast. The keyboard is completely functioning and responsive (unlike other reports on this forum). I haven't tested the graphics yet, but the screen clarity/brightness is way better than the previous model. [Referring to my previous MB 1.83 CD/2GB Ram]

I also purchased (other than the 4GB Ram) a Speck case, and it's a wonderful purchase. It keeps the case completely enclosed and protects it from scratches.

The keyboard contains the new layout, and it's taking some time to get used to.

Leopard seems to be no faster than tiger. The computer takes forever to go to sleep, and even when you shut the case the computer does not shut off. This should be fixed with a future update.

Overall, I love this macbook. I understand how some of you are waiting out for a new case design in January, but I don't think it will occur then. Everyone should invest in the new SR Macbook.

-Skitzogreg:apple:

2. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Interesting and I agree about the update (case).

3. iViking macrumors 6502

Did they change the display? I wasn't aware of the fact that they upped the resolution. Are you sure the clarity has increased?