Santa Rosa MacBook, windows and games

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Alendo, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Alendo macrumors newbie

Anyone got any tips or tricks on how to make my new macbook work better on games? Right now I've used boot camp and installed windows xp sp2 updated everything and installed the drivers that followed on the leopard disc.
    But it still only runs at 20fps on 1024x768 on CS:S and on 800x600 on Trackmania Nations it runs max at 30fps. I mean seriously, thats a crap game and it should run so much better than that :S

2. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

It shouldn't run better The MacBook has Integrated Graphics the gamer's worst enemy.

3. Zel macrumors regular

Is that a macbook or a macbook pro?

The black and White ones dont have a videocard!!! You need the silver one to get good games performance. Turn down more settings, make it look worse and it will run better.

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

hmmm... That's a bit condescending... But yeah, the macbooks aren't designed for games. 20fps is pretty good considering the integrated graphics, so learn to live with those specs and you'll be fine.

5. Alendo thread starter macrumors newbie

its the regular macbook
    and i thought after they upgraded the graphics card i could atleast play css on it.

6. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

The graphics card didn't get that much of an upgrade just a little better the name of the card is deceiving it makes it sound much more powerful X3100 vs. GMA 950.

7. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Actually, the 3100 is 10x better than the 950. Unfortunately, the 950 is such a poor card for gaming that that doesn't mean much.