santa rosa MBP case questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by galstaph, Apr 14, 2009.

1. galstaph macrumors 6502a

galstaph

I just had my logic board replaced under apple care (I got the computer [17" santa rosa mbp] back last Monday). Today I just noticed a slight bulge to the right of my dvd drive as well as a 'click' sound as the palmrest above the dvd drive moves slightly it too feels slightly buldging. I know these were not there before the repair. Do you think that maybe they didn't tighten something, or would they fix the issue, or just say I did it?
    Is it worth it to call applecare?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Call them. It sounds like they didn't put it back together correctly.

3. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

One of the clips that holds the body together hasn't been reseated properly. If you carefully but firmly apply pressure over the bulge it'll snap back into place (quite loudly).

If you're too nervous to apply such force, tell Apple or take it to an Apple store/service provider.

Sometimes Apple technicians are quite careless, I find. My MacBook Pro has been delayed in repair because they forgot to reconnect an internal cable... :mad:

4. snowmoon macrumors 6502a

snowmoon

It's also possible that it's just not sitting right anymore. I had a problem too and it manifested over the optical drive even though it was snapped in. I complained that it wasn't fitting back together well and they replaced the palm rest/trackpad area completely and that solved the issue.

5. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

Wow, that's quite strange. Did that happen after a repair? I took mine apart to upgrade the hard drive a while ago, but I could see anything inside that might cause a bulge to develop.

6. snowmoon macrumors 6502a

snowmoon

I think that was after at least 4 different repairs.