Santa Rosa MBP mid/late 2007 model

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Badrottie, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I thought I post this thread but it seem disappeared so I try to post again....Ho good is santa rosa MBP mid/late 2007 model? I know this one have nVidia 8600m GT issues, I am bit concern if I am going to get this one this week and the graphic card might have died later i will not able to take it to apple store for repair out of arranty. the seller says it is only 4 years old so I hope it will last longer but I don't know....wwhat do you think? thank you very much.

oh by the way any other known issues with this model?

2. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

Other than the fact that it's only 4 years old, there's nothing wrong with the laptop.
    Really, you would get better performance with a 2011 MBA 11". Future-proofing is a good thing to consider as well.

3. Badrottie thread starter Suspended

Badrottie

4. jenzjen macrumors 68000

The last thing you should do, then, is buy a machine out of warranty with known issues. Take the $ you would have spent here and get a PC until the situation improves.

5. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

I would advise you not to buy it. 4 years is quite old. I have this model, but I am wanting to upgrade soon.

6. bizzle macrumors 6502a

Apple only covers the nVidia issue for four years.

7. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

Maybe get a job and then save up for a nice MBP?
    just sayin

8. Badrottie thread starter Suspended

Badrottie

yeah but who is going to hire deaf and dumb person with horrible one eye? I am talking about me...nobody want to hire me I am sure you wouldn't hire me either. :(

----------

I already have a 4 year old powerful desktop windows xp PC and a 2 year old nice small Dell Mini 1010 netbook...5 months old Powerbook G4....If my new Compaq notebook was not stolen then I would not be here on MacRumor.

----------

I thought it is for 3 years only? I could be wrong.

9. scoobydiesel macrumors member

scoobydiesel

I have one and it has lasted me a good amount of time, But i did have to send it in about a year and a half ago or so to get the graphics card fixed.

But i have also had two battery's die on me.... My second just did yesterday. It expanded and just stopped working(It popped out of its enclosure) so that is a horrible issue to have as well.

Id say save your money and wait awhile long until you find something a bit newer or possibly look into a **shutters** PC that might fit your needs at the time being.