Sanyo HD700 download to iMovie

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Freckuser, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Freckuser macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a Sanyo HD700 - lovely camera. I have Mac G5 - lovely computer. But can I get the two to talk to each other? - no chance.

I have downloaded HD video via a card reader, I guess at full resolution - and the computer can't cope - the video jumps and skips. I am in the process of buying several hundred meg of RAM to see if that helps. But in the meantime I have resorted to the manual, 'The iMovie Missing Manual' to be precise.

Page 94 refers to a dialogue box which offers the option of 'large' rather than 'full' images - which seemed to be the answer - but not when you are trying to download from a card reader evidently.

Tried loading from the camera via its docking station and a USB - but the camera isn't being recognized by the Mac. The camera offers a 'computer' option when the USB is connected - but no joy. There doesn't even seem to be any help in the Sanyo hand book. Now I know that this is more a Sanyo issue than a Mac issue - but please, can anyone help? Many thanks.

2. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

How much Ram do you have? I have the HD700 with a C2D White iMac and 3GB of Ram and have no problems editing 720p.

To load the camera footage with the dock it comes with you should just plug in the dock, put the camera in it and push the button on the front of the dock. It then loads as a mountable drive and iMovie and/or iPhoto and/or FCE/P will autorun (depending on your settings) and ask what you clips you want to import.

3. Freckuser thread starter macrumors newbie

Many thanks,

I will consult my 'technical advisor' (i.e. my step son - I know, its a technology/age thing!) about the RAM question, I think I only have 512MB - and obtain/install the necessary updates.

I don't know what a C2D white iMac is - but I have an iMacG5, that won't be an issue will it?

Thanks again for the advice, :)

4. hulkstar73 macrumors newbie

sanyo hd700 not recognized

Hi there freckuser,
    bit of a long shot if you are still tuning in - just wondering if you had a win with getting the sanyo hd700 recognized by the G5 - I'm having the same problem on a new imac with 4GB RAM. Pushing the dock button only gets me to a usb connection screen where i can either select "computer", "printer" or "cancel". If I select "computer" then "card reader" I get a "connecting card reader" message which never stops.
    Has anyone got through this stage?:confused: