Sanyo HDTV and New MacBook Resolution Problem?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bkinney, Dec 10, 2008.

1. bkinney macrumors newbie

When I bought my new 13.3" MacBook, I hoped that I could watch video, tv shows, movies and more using Front Row. I bought $60 worth of cables and was able to get the screen up and running. I was disappointed to find that the resolution just stinks. The Sanyo hdtv is 42" 1080p (http://us.sanyo.com/LCD-Televisions/1080p-42-FULL-HDTV) and I'm not sure if this is as good as it gets or if there is a setting that can be adjusted. I was also dismayed at the fact that DVDs are sharper running through my PS2 than my new MacBook!

Anyone have an idea of how I can fix this issue or do I have to plunk down $229 for an Apple TV?

- BK

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

What's the maximum resolution set to in System Preferences?

3. bkinney thread starter macrumors newbie

Maximum Resolution

The maximum resolution is set to 1920 x 1080 0 Hz interlaced, colors 1280 x 800 Millions. Now playing the DVD the resolution looks good. The one TV show downloaded via iTunes is terrible and anything in fullscreen mode through hulu.com is very bad.

- BK

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

So you're set to 1280x800 instead of 1920x1200? Change it.

5. bkinney thread starter macrumors newbie

Change it.

I would gladly change it...except those are the maximum settings available under display preferences for the monitor/hdtv.

- BK