Sanyo Katana Eclipse and OS X play well together?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by motulist, Feb 15, 2009.

1. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

I'm about to buy my first ever media phone, and I like Sanyo's Katana Eclipse (X on Sprint), but it's super hard to find any info on phones and OS X. All I want to know is, can I easily transfer mp3 songs onto the phone, and can I easily move photos I took with the phone and move them onto my Mac. I've got a powerbook with bluetooth, usb and firewire, running leopard 10.5.6.

Anyone out there got a katana?

2. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

Not sure if the issue was ever addresses/fixed, but I had an earlier version of the Katana, and Bluetooth file transfers of photos taken with the phone could NOT be sent to my mac running 10.4 at the time, nor 10.5.0 later on......

Yes it would pair up nottaproblemo, I could even use the phone as a BT remote control for my mac by way of a 3rd party app, and BT headsets/headphones worked fine, but thats about it.

After arguing for many hours with Sprint on the phone & at 3 of their stores, I did some research and found that Verizon had been sued for this same BS.......

Why you ask.... because with the BT transfers disabled in the phone's firmware, the ONLY way to get photos onto your computer was..................BIG surprise! you had to use their online service, for which there was a considerable fee each time you used it......

Just one MORE reason why I told Sprint to K.M.A ! :eek:

3. motulist thread starter macrumors 601

motulist

Does anyone know if this is still true with the current katana eclipse x? And couldn't you have used the data cable to send mp3 files and photos back and forth over usb?