(sarcasm) Glad the iPhone 4S is a flop... (sarcasm)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SavMBP15, Oct 14, 2011.

1. SavMBP15 macrumors 6502

Wow, all those people who said the 4S was going to be a flop because it does not have 1gb ram or a bigger screen or had a number "5" in the name, and that Apple would lose millions of customers to Android phones, must be right.

Oh wait... 1 million pre-orders on first day.

Record lines at Apple stores on launch day.

Prediction of 4 million phones to be sold this weekend.

UK internet systems experience record traffic on Wednesday afternoon because of iCloud and IOS 5 launch (not directly tied to the iPhone 4S, but its part of the package that Apple is pushing out this week).

Yeah, all that sound like a flop. (sarcasm)

Everyone who was moaning that Apple has failed because they did not push out the 5 and said that they are switching to Android are now clamoring for the 4S. Why? Because it is a damn good phone, the best out there. Samsung and the rest CANNOT compete with Apple right now, nor will they be able to for at least the next 3-5 years (path that Steve laid out for the company is already pretty much in place).

Does Apple get everything right? No of course not, and the minority that are and will have problems will be a loud squeaky wheel. But the majority are doing just fine and loving it.

2. charliecc macrumors regular

I'd love to see the sales figures broken down by country before it can or can't be declared a flop.

3. TheComposer macrumors member

Well, the Internet allows everybody to say what they want, i remember reading some rage quiters talking about "I'm going android" and stuff, Iphone 4S is selling good, they just live their lives as normal, like nothing happened, you can't expect to come to this forum and say "Sorry for acting like that" that would be like admiting defeat :D

4. urkel macrumors 68030

Id like to see the people who said it would be "a flop".

As with every other Apple product, voiced an opinion and but because it wasnt 100% positive then the defenders start connecting lines that dont exist. Just because someone expected a bigger screen doesnt mean they wont buy it or they think it's a flop, they simply expressed their desire for a bigger screen as they go ahead and preordered.

5. paulcdb macrumors regular

Does it matter what people think? I buy a phone I like, if someone else tells me it sucks then that's there opinion, doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Sooner people stop feeding the trolls the sooner they'll find somewhere to play.

6. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Yeah... if you actually need to put sarcasm when you're bering sarcastic, you're not doing it right.

7. samcraig macrumors P6

I think more people here expressed disappointment and said that the new phone didn't really "excite" them as much as other factors might. I think if you actually go back and read comments - very few say the phone would fail or be a flop. And many who voiced their opinion in such a fashion are probably iPhone 4 users who didn't see a significant enough reason to upgrade.

The 4S was never going to fail or flop because the iPhone 4 was a huge success and the 4S is all that and a bit more. Add to that - there are more carriers (IE Sprint) + Verizon is getting the phone at the same time as ATT (here in the USA). All a formula for sales to be fantastic.

The thread subject and your post is really the same as what you condemn. You're trolling. You're instigating a fight where there isn't one. You're flame baiting.

But if it makes you feel better because you ordered one and didn't want to worry you were going to regret it - buoy for you...

8. vachargerfan macrumors regular

Also, many people who said they weren't going to get it are 4 owners (like myself). I am holding my upgrade for the redesign

9. Rafterman macrumors 68000

I don''t think too many said it would flop. Apple could sell a shoebox with the Apple logo and it would sell millions. But I think many were underwhelmed and expected more.

10. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

I'm glad the obsessed Android activist had to reply to this thread.

11. samcraig macrumors P6

Which poster is that?