Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
I was hoping things would be better with the light of day, but I still can't get MobileMe to do much for me. When I go into http://www.me.com, it won't pull up my calendar. It just sits there with a spinner saying Loading. The same for Contacts. If I try to access it in Outlook on my PC, I can't get it to retrieve any email folders or even send any email out. Plus everything I try to do on me.com is so excruciatingly slow.

This is all very disappointing.

*GG*

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2005
Scotland
Nope - it's still not up and running. The .mac page still says it is down for maintenance.

This is the third day now - so I don't expect MobileMe to be running now until after the weekend.

JNB

macrumors 604
Nope - it's still not up and running. The .mac page still says it is down for maintenance.

dot Mac is terminated.

Mobile Me is "up," in a way, but it's obvious it's going to take some time, maybe days to hash through all the issues folks have had with it. I discovered accidentally that it really doesn't like WebKit. Safari & Firefox are fine, or as much as any browser is right now.

AboveTheChaos

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2008

This is the third day now - so I don't expect MobileMe to be running now until after the weekend.

Are you going to me.com? It's been working on and off since yesterday. mac.com hasn't been working.

Also, everything (including calendar) seems to be working for me. I did have problems yesterday but I synced my desktop to it (forced it to overwrite the data on MM) and then it seemed to start working.

ee99ee

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2006
So I go to System Preferences and then .Mac. I'm running tiger 10.4.11. I enter my MobileMe login information and it says it works fine. It says password is valid, as it's the same password I use for logging into the website.

I click on the Sync tab and it just sits there for a long time saying "Getting .Mac Info." Eventually it pops up and says .Mac login failed.

What am I doing wrong?

-Chris

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.