Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2005
What's good on the SAT?? And what's your experience with the test?
Are 82% (crtical reading) and 79% (math) ok percentiles to fall into?? Haha, I know that's higher than average (duh) but how good is it?? Anyways, I'm not taking it for college yet, I just took it for practice (But it wasn't the PSAT) and those were my numbers!
Sorry, just excited, felt like posting to you all! :)
I still have a few years before I actually take it for college so....sorry, just hyper so felt like posting! :eek: :)

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Decaf... worth considering. ;)

Those scores are either fantastic or mediocre, depending on what you plan to do.

StarbucksSam

macrumors 65816
Nov 21, 2004
Washington, D.C.
amateurmacfreak said:
What's good on the SAT?? And what's your experience with the test?
Are 82% (crtical reading) and 79% (math) ok percentiles to fall into?? Haha, I know that's higher than average (duh) but how good is it?? Anyways, I'm not taking it for college yet, I just took it for practice (But it wasn't the PSAT) and those were my numbers!
Sorry, just excited, felt like posting to you all! :)
I still have a few years before I actually take it for college so....sorry, just hyper so felt like posting! :eek: :)

Not bad. What the other guy said... though.

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2005
StarbucksSam said:
Not bad. What the other guy said... though.
Yeah, I totally agree. Oh, btw, I imed you a month or so back. I'm tLwOiGsItCed. :)
Yeah, I still have 4 years to go before I'm taking the SAT for the first time for college(yeah, I'm young, ok?, get over it (sry, major attitude problem right now, haha))... I'm not sure how much my score will improve between now and then though, but.... just saying.
I'm really not sure what I want to go into.... probably something in science. In which case my math score is totally in need of improvement. Between now and then I'll be taking geometry, algebra 2, pre-cal.... so I guess I'll end up being fine when the time comes for the real thing.
And yeah, I toooooottally agree about the decaf thing. Except for oddly enough I haven't had coffee today. :eek:;)

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI
I got in the 90th percentile for reading, the 59th percentile for math, and the 79th percentile for writing on the PSAT, but I get to take the real thing this year. I probably wouldnt worry about it, though. I hear that they aren't as important as a lot of people want you to beleive.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
im assuming you're in 7th grade, so i wonder: are those against 7th graders or 11th graders? i honestly can't remember from when i took it...
if they're against 11th graders you should be very proud! i don't think i did that well, and i got a 217 on my psat this year, so you should do great!

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2005
homerjward said:
im assuming you're in 7th grade, so i wonder: are those against 7th graders or 11th graders? i honestly can't remember from when i took it...
if they're against 11th graders you should be very proud! i don't think i did that well, and i got a 217 on my psat this year, so you should do great!
Against 11th graders, so haha, thanks.:) And, um, yeah, you'd be right about my grade....

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2005
latergator116 said:
I got in the 90th percentile for reading, the 59th percentile for math, and the 79th percentile for writing on the PSAT, but I get to take the real thing this year. I probably wouldnt worry about it, though. I hear that they aren't as important as a lot of people want you to beleive.
Heh. :eek: Well I generally do pretty well on standarized testing, so...
But I think it really depends on what college you're talking about. Some colleges don't really weigh it super heavily, and others I think take them at a quite high value....
As far as subjects go.... I'd be a science and math person. Even though I did better on the critical reading section. :eek:
Oh, and just btw, I tend to act more stressed than I actually am...:eek: :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.