sata 3

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by getheo, Aug 28, 2011.

1. getheo, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011

getheo macrumors member

getheo

I have macbook pro 2011 17" 2.3 8gb 1600 made no 18th week(MAY) and i want to put it in the position of my hd.The mbp is 6g/3g and i want to know if vertex3 is compatible.Thanks

2. JronMasteR macrumors 6502

JronMasteR

3. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I had a heck of a time trying to get a couple of different SSDSs to work in my 2011 17", but the Vertex 3 has been rock solid and blazing fast. Highly recommended.

4. mac jones, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011

mac jones macrumors 68040

+1

Vertex 3 has been smooth (no issues) and it's Xtreme :D

Also, you don't have to worry about using an optibay SSD as they will all work there (no conflicts).

So, for example, like I have a Vertex 3 in the regular slot negotiating 6gbs, and a decent Sandforce SSD in a cheap Optibay, and have zero issues for months now.

Note: like i've posted previously, I've gotten a chance now to really compare the Vertex 3 to a few other quality SSD's, and when the Vertex uses the faster buss it is noticeably faster. Now I didn't think this would be the case. I figured that at some point there's not a noticeable difference, but you do see the difference BIG time.

So, in a way, Apple is dragging it's feet not fully utilizing the faster buss with it's stock drives.
    Fortunately, we can circumvent this :)