Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gobsmacked

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2013
Alberta, Canada
i have double check at the syba site, the part no. is the same SD-PEX40068. :D

I'd be on it if I was sure it was the same card but I see the part number as
FG-85xxx and a bunch of other stuff
Ad says it's Syba and uses the same Marvell 88SE9230 chip but no mention of part number.
Where are you seeing the Syba part number?

Jani81

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2013
Finland
My choise is apricorn velocity solo x 2. Works perfect with 2 ssd drives and bootable with osx and bootcamp. I haven't got any problems with it and i have kingston hyperx to osx and crucial m4 to windows installed to that card.

hmls

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2013
I'd be on it if I was sure it was the same card but I see the part number as
FG-85xxx and a bunch of other stuff
Ad says it's Syba and uses the same Marvell 88SE9230 chip but no mention of part number.
Where are you seeing the Syba part number?

sorry for confusing, i think it should be FG-EST12A , and different part.no. for syba USA & CHINA i guess , but same design, same chipset, same caddy , most important is running 2x lane speed , right ? :D

http://syba.cc/index.php?controller=Default&action=ProductInfo&Id=425

http://www.sybausa.com/productSearch.php?searchKeyWord=SD-PEX40068

pjcltd

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
Telford Shropshire
ok
i got the card
and flashed it

all went ok on the PC side

until i put the card in my Mac Pro

on power on i get the Bong but no display on any of the ports
any thought's ????

hamx0r

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2013
Is the RocketRAID really bootable? I'm not having luck

The Highpoint Rocket 640L and RocketRaid 640L are both bootable--if you want 4 ports of SATA III :)

I have an Early 2000 4,1 that I upgraded the firmware on to make it a 5,1. I have two different RAID0 setup using the built in SATA2 drive bays: "Macintosh HD" (2xSSD) and "RAID" (2xHDD). I bought a RocketRAID 640L with the intentions of booting my Macintosh HD off of it. The RocketRAID didn't work at all under 10.7, but once I upgraded to 10.8.5, the OS would at least see the "RAID" volume connected to it. However, I can't seem to boot off of it.

Furthermore, I can't seem to boot off of the installation DVD anymore nor from a TimeMachine drive (to do a system restore).

Has anyone else had this trouble when upgrading the FW on a 4,1 to make it a 5,1? It's running stably, but I'm concerned I don't have any ways to recover when a drive crashes.

Inconsequential

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2007
I have an Early 2000 4,1 that I upgraded the firmware on to make it a 5,1. I have two different RAID0 setup using the built in SATA2 drive bays: "Macintosh HD" (2xSSD) and "RAID" (2xHDD). I bought a RocketRAID 640L with the intentions of booting my Macintosh HD off of it. The RocketRAID didn't work at all under 10.7, but once I upgraded to 10.8.5, the OS would at least see the "RAID" volume connected to it. However, I can't seem to boot off of it.

Furthermore, I can't seem to boot off of the installation DVD anymore nor from a TimeMachine drive (to do a system restore).

Has anyone else had this trouble when upgrading the FW on a 4,1 to make it a 5,1? It's running stably, but I'm concerned I don't have any ways to recover when a drive crashes.

I'm running the Rocket 640L in my flashed 5,1 with no problems. Try booting a non-RAID Disk off it?

The only difference between the rocket and rocketraid is the firmware AFAIK.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.