SATA III mini PCIe Controller

Discussion in 'iMac' started by tomaszjc7, Jan 31, 2012.

1. tomaszjc7 macrumors newbie

I've read that many users of the 2008 24" iMac (A1225) have had success with the commell MPX 3132 mini pcie sata II controller card. I am aware that the 27" iMac doesn't have a "true" mini pcie slot rendering such a controller card useless.

I'm planning on adding this card to my 24" iMac. Recently, however, I came across the commell MPX 9125 - an upgraded SATA III mini pcie card.

I was curious if anyone has had any success with or even attempted to install the MPX-9125 card. Thanks for your time.

-Tom

2. tomaszjc7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Over 500 views and not a single comment :eek: - I guess I'll take the plunge on this one and report back after I give it a try.

3. capran macrumors member

4. tomaszjc7 thread starter macrumors newbie

You are correct. It seems there are no drivers that would make the controller on the SATA III card work - i opted for the SATA II card and it works great.

See below:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1324575&highlight=commell

5. freespeed macrumors member

I'll be doing this upgrade myself pretty soon. I already have my iMac opened up and wasn't to happy with the performance of my 2nd HD using the PATA to SATA caddy. I don't use wireless anyways, so this is a perfect choice.

Did you guys have any power issues connecting it to the internal drives?
    Where did you guys get the drivers from?

BTW, I have the Mid-2007 iMac 24' 7,1

Thanks!