Satechi Launches New USB-C Headphone Jack Adapter and 100W USB-C Charging Cable

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 20, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Satechi, known for its line of accessories for the iPhone, iPad, and Mac, today announced the launch of two new USB-C accessories designed for Macs and iPads.

The Type-C Headphone Jack Adapter plugs into the USB-C port on an iPad to allow iPad users to listen to music using standard headphones with a 3.5mm headphone jack. The adapter features USB-C Power Delivery so listening to music while charging is possible.

[​IMG]

Satechi's Type-C Headphone Jack Adapter comes in Space Gray aluminum that matches the Space Gray iPad, and it is available for $24.99 from Satechi's website or from Amazon starting today.

[​IMG]

Satechi is also introducing a new 100W USB-C charging cable, which is ideal for use with any USB-C laptop or device. The cable features reversible USB-C connectors on each side with Power Delivery support and data transfer at speeds of up to 480Mb/s.

[​IMG]

The cable is made from a durable, braided nylon material that's designed to protect against breakage, while an integrated velcro strap keeps excess cable wrapped up. Satechi's 100W USB-C cable is available from the Satechi website or from Amazon.com for $19.99.

Article Link: Satechi Launches New USB-C Headphone Jack Adapter and 100W USB-C Charging Cable

2. GeoStructural macrumors member

I still can’t find a good reason (from the consumer’s point of view) for Apple to remove the headphone jack from the iPad pro. Just ridiculous.

3. seek3r macrumors 6502

So it's USB 2.0 with USB-C connectors? Why would I buy this when I can buy a similar cable for a similar or (substantially in some cases) cheaper price that supports USB 3.x speeds?

4. bladerunner2000 Suspended

bladerunner2000

There's a good reason: Apple wants to suck every penny out of you.

5. NufSaid macrumors regular

NufSaid

Saetichi makes quite inferior products. I recommend waiting a while on any new product. I had three of their usb-c hubs before I had one that worked but even then the network feature does not work - just run out of patience.

Also have their keyboard which is super laggy.

Sad because the price is good and the products beautiful..

6. Kode103 macrumors newbie

Kode103

Am I the only one who wants a USB-C splitter in order to charge my device and use my USB-C earbuds?

7. G5isAlive macrumors 6502a

AirPod 2 announced today. I haven’t missed the wires one bit. But do get that choice is good

8. seek3r macrumors 6502

9. NufSaid macrumors regular

NufSaid

I thought 4 would be enough but I need something like 6 usb-c ports since you cannot charge through anything.

10. havenyoung macrumors regular

havenyoung

Exactly. And it's funny how they use 480mbps to make it sound fast to cover the fact it is USB 2.0 speed.

11. widget999 macrumors newbie

It wouldnt fit into the 5.9 mm thick ipad. There is not enough room under the display. Older ipads didnt have that problem because of their enormous bezels.

12. HappyIntro macrumors regular

HappyIntro

Good to know...that cable is pretty darn pretty and tempting to me just for its looks.

13. Iconoclysm macrumors 68020

Iconoclysm

I haven't done any digging into it but is there a length restriction on faster speeds? Maybe this is a very long cable.

14. nutmac macrumors 68040

Right, 3.5 mm headphones connector is about twice as long as the USB-C connector. Longer 3.5 mm headphones connector can't be made to go under the LCD screen while still maintaining 5.9 mm thickness.

15. aylk macrumors regular

aylk

The 1/8' jack is not only used for headphones.

16. bladerunner2000 Suspended

bladerunner2000

This is a lie. Samsung is capable of having a headphone jack without bezels.

17. Michvuee macrumors member

Why would they add a cable for the USB C on the adapter? Why not just put the USB C on the frame so we can just stick it onto the iPad magnetically.

18. GeoStructural macrumors member

That is because people use all sorts of cases, by putting a cable they ensure their adapter can be used with virtually any type of case.

The Hyper Hub which I own also does this, it is an attachable adapter but it brings a cable in the box in case you use an incompatible case.

19. seek3r macrumors 6502

Looks like it's a 6 foot cable based on the amazon listing, which isn't long enough to hit any restriction like that, USB 3.x hits on a recommended restriction at about *15* feet - it's a good thought in general, I hadnt checked before replying, but yeah, it's not a length problem, it's just them being cheap