Satellite Map

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Resist, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

I noticed that I get the updated Google Earth maps data on my computer, yet on my Touch it is still showing the old map data. What is going on?

2. sgtboy macrumors 6502

3. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

I am talking about the satellite maps, but the regular maps are the same.

4. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Now I just noticed that the new updated satellite maps are showing until I zoom in, then they change back to the older satellite map. WTF? This is not happening on my computer version of Google Earth.

5. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

I didn't think Google Maps database updates correspond with Maps.app database updates through firmware, and I still don't.

R-Fly

6. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

I never said it updates through the firmware. I am just saying the Google Earth has updated its satellite images and my iPod Touch doesn't seem to be updating its satellite images correctly. I have played around with it for the last two days.

Update: Now my Touch is showing the updated satellite images on full zoom in. But when I zoom out a little the old satellite images appear. When I zoom out even more, the newer satellite images show. This is strange. What is even stranger is if I use the Hybrid map mode then I can't seen the new images when I zoom in.