satellite radio question

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ProwlingTiger, Oct 22, 2009.

1. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

So I have satellite radio in my vehicle. For my father's birthday we decided to get him Sirius radio. We want something that he can take in the car or in the office with him. Anyone have suggestions on what the best setup for this is?

2. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

They sell a Stiletto which is a handheld model, but reception is spotty in buildings. That may have improved.

I would suggest you check out this place. They have EVERYTHING related to sat radio.

www.tss-radio.com

Great stuff and great service!

3. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

The stiletto is the best option. I have one and it's amazing. Only issue is that Sirius sucks now and I canceled my subscription this month.

But as the previous poster said, reception is spotty in buildings. But, for another 2.99 a month, he can get the online stream as well (but it doesn't have all the channels). You could also get him the home kit, and if he works near a window, he can put the antenna near the window to get better reception.

4. ProwlingTiger thread starter macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

Hmm...think I'll look into the internet option. Might be a bit easier considering his office isn't near a window at his work.