Saturday?! Hmm..

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Maclver, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

I wonder if you order your iPad early enough on friday (pending the let you early) if it could be delivered on Saturday? has Apple ever done that?

2. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

3. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

I'm sure that you'll be able to go to a store and pick one up on a Saturday. People act as if the iPad will be sold out everywhere.

4. TheBaconKing macrumors regular

TheBaconKing

They usually aren't shipped directly from china though. Apple has to have a warehouse somewhere.

5. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

Bought my wife an iPad1 this week and it shipped straight from China. Don't see why that wouldn't happen with the iPad2. Same thing happened with my iPhone4.

6. Gryzor macrumors 6502

I wouldn't say stuff like that on here - you'll get accused of boasting and flashing your cash. Apparently it is not possible for people to afford to buy things for their family and for themselves.

7. phyrexia macrumors 6502a

They will sell out, definitely. production shorage, for reals or for kicks, guarantees it.

8. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

Not just that, but with 18 different models, there is definitely some of them that will sell out. So depending on how they distribute them (especially if they send equal amounts of each model) there will be certain popular models that are gone in a matter of hours I think.

9. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

They can ship from China OR a warehouse in the USA. Only Apple knows where it's hardware is. They also say expedited shipping, that may not be Saturday delivery. It could be two day or even three day shipping.

10. Lady Arwen macrumors member

What will the most popular models be, do you think?

11. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

The average sale price of the original iPad was $600, which means that the lower end ones sell the fastest.

So these models will be big sellers: 16gb WiFi, 16gb 3G, 32GB WiFi, and then the rest of them, sort of in that order (WiFi followed by 3G of same size).

The big question this time though is which will be more popular, black or white? And Verizon or AT&T?

I suspect that black and white will be about 50/50 (based on polls I have seen here and other places) so unless Apple gives an equal amount of black and white models then there might a shortage of a certain color.

Verizon or AT&T is a big unknown, having the option of Verizon is completely new, but since a lot of people already have AT&T (iPhone users) they might go with the company they already know. I suppose this could go either way though.

So ultimately the lower Wi-Fi models will sell out first (black and white), followed by the 3G models (who knows if it will be Verizon or AT&T that does first).

If you have your eye on a 16GB WiFi, get to the store as early as you can to avoid any issues. They will probably sell out at most stores, and the 32GB WiFi will probably sell out next, but the 3G models might last awhile if you have your eye on one of those. If you are going for a 64GB model you don't have much to worry about with those selling out unless it's a higher traffic Apple store.

12. Lady Arwen macrumors member

Wow! Thank you for the well analyzed, thoughtful reply. I'm planning on 64GB Wifi, possibly 64 GB 3G, so it looks like I'm safe(r). I'm glad that black/white doesn't make a difference, since I still can't decide. I appreciate your answer!

13. 482214 macrumors 6502

Funny you bring that up Gryzor... Are you not the same person who said a thread should be removed as the OP was just trying to boast?!

ROLL EYES ! ! !

14. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

Really now? Just leave the guy alone.