Saurik Could You Please Answer This

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Geo3G, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Geo3G macrumors newbie

I bought your music controls for a phone I sold. Do I need to buy the app again for my new phone?

I emailed you days ago and have not heard from you so thought I post here. I listen to music alot so I like to know the answer asap.

Thanks.

P.S. If anyone else knows please let me know!
    And if you think this is a waste of thread oh well, I need to know.

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Email the developer of the app you're talking about and let them know what happened. I've successfully transferred my iRealQuickSMS license twice already.

3. Geo3G thread starter macrumors newbie

I did, and have not heard from him. I will try again.

Thanks.

4. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Give him about a week. He gets literally thousands and thousands of emails a week.

5. MattWylde macrumors regular

I don't believe that you have to re-buy anything. For example, I have an iPhone 3GS on 3.0.1 and an iPod Touch 2G on 3.1.2. Yesterday, I jailbroke my ipt2 for the first time and I wanted this app installed on my iPod as well as my phone. I actually used PkgBackup to transfer the app to my iPod. However, in order to do that I had to have PkgBackup on both my iPod and iPhone. I thought I was going to have to buy it again, but when I went into the Cydia store on my iPod and tried to install PkgBackup, it found that I had already purchased the app and I was able to download it for free.

After getting PkgBackup on both ipod and iphone, I was then just able to copy all of my Cydia apps to my iPod, via the method described on the PkgBackup website (makes a contact called PkgBackup and stores the Cydia app information in the "notes" section of the contact info after you run PkgBackup). I simply had to copy the notes and paste them into the contact on my iPod (I emailed myself the "notes").

So, I was able to download PkgBackup on both devices and only had to pay once. This should be applicable to Music Controls as well.