Save As question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by maflynn, Jun 8, 2014.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Now that've lost the ability to do a "save as" some time ago (Mountain Lion). What are your thoughts on this feature and has everyone adjusted to the point its not something you miss?

I work in Windows and OSX, so its a bit jarring for me, to remember that I cannot save a document under a new name. I think the work arounds do their job, but its not as easy as just clicking on the menu file menu and selecting save as.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I still miss it and wish Apple would bring it back. This change always kind of struck me as something Appel did just to be different rather than increasing ease of use or making things easier to understand.

3. maflynn thread starter Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Good point, it is odd as to why they did it. I don't mind the embracing of iCloud to store your documents, Office does that with OneDrive but making it harder for people to do their work does not make sense.

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Mavericks brought back the Save As option for most apps, thank goodness. Holding down the option key while viewing the File menu changes Duplicate to Save As.

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I did not know that. Thank you. :)