Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nancyc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2009
I use snowleopard. Can I save a Word Document to both my hard drive and idisk? Or does it have to be one or the other?

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
I use snowleopard. Can I save a Word Document to both my hard drive and idisk? Or does it have to be one or the other?

When you save a file to your iDisk... a local copy is also saved on your system. If you are backing up your system via TM... then the local copy is also being backed up.

The files are pretty well hidden... and I can never remember the path.

/Jim

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
Only if...

Only if you have "local iDisk" turned on. If you do, you can view/edit files of most any kind with or without an internet connection that are in your iDisk. Once you do have an internet connection your iDisk will sync and both copies (locally on your Mac and on your iDisk) will be the same. If you do not have your local iDisk turned on and you do not have an internet connection you can not see or use your on-line iDisk...

You turn your local iDisk on in system pref's / MobileMe / iDisk / iDisk "sync" on / or off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.