Save ECID SHSH on 4.0, downgrade to 3.1.2?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DangerIsGo, Jul 15, 2010.

1. DangerIsGo macrumors newbie

I recently upgraded from a perfectly working jailbroken 3.1.2 but I never had saved my ECID SHSH. Is it possible to jailbreak iOS 4.0 on my 3GS, save my ECID, and then revert to 3.1.2? Or is it too late?

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

No need to waste a thread on this as there are numerous shsh threads active. Apple is no longer signing 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 so you can no longer save those hashes. And it sounds like with a firmware update looming, the window is about to close on 4.0 hashes.

3. twigg macrumors member

If you were jailbroken on 3.1.2 or any other firmware, Cydia has saved your SHSH blob for that firmware. Use TinyUmbrella to get it from Cydia and TinyTss to restore using the blob.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Hashes are not saved unless user tells Cydia to save them, the rest are automatic. OP stated they never did save the hashes.

5. DangerIsGo thread starter macrumors newbie

I never saved my SHSH with Cydia :(, so unless it was done automatically, saurik doesn't have my SHSH.

Also, I would authenticate with Saurik's server, not Apples if I were to save my SHSH via iOS 4.0, and than use his server to downgrade to 3.1.2. Is that possible?

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard