Save emailed mp3 to IOS Music app?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Paulyboy, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Paulyboy macrumors 6502

I purchased a song from the Amazon Music Store for my Dad and it currently resides on my iMac. Is there any way to get that song into the Music app on his iPad? He does not have a computer. If I email it to him or share it via Dropbox it just opens up in some generic music player. He's not very technically orientated so I would prefer that his music isn't spread all over the place in different apps. It would be much simpler if all his music was placed in the IOS Music app. And in case you're wondering we would have purchased the song from iTunes on his iPad but iTunes didn't have the version of the song that he wanted. The Amazon Music Store did however. He does not use Amazon nor does he have any of their apps.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

-PN

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

AFAIK, the only way to initially get a song into the Music app on iOS is to either purchase it from the iTunes Store or sync it from a computer.

3. donutbagel macrumors 6502a

He needs to use a computer with iTunes to get it on there unless it's jailbroken with some tweaks installed. You could connect the other guy's iPad to your computer and add the song through iTunes. You can't add songs to the Music app through an email or Dropbox.

4. Paulyboy thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what I figured. Next time I get him in his head over your all just plug it into my computer and sync the song from iTunes. Thanks for your suggestion.

-PN