Save emails from ipad/iphone to mac

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HelpMe2016, Apr 6, 2016.

1. HelpMe2016 macrumors newbie

Dear all,

I would like to save my professional emails which i have access to on my iphone/ipad to my mac for personal reasons.

I do not have access on my home computer to my professional emails as they are on a private server which i only have access to at work. Tho, i have access to my emails on my ipad & iphone anywhere in the world.

I would like to save all those emails to my mac somehow, i dont mind paying for a software or anything else.

Anyone has an idea?

Thank you
    --- Post Merged, Apr 6, 2016 ---
    Apologies i just realized i posted on the wrong part of the forum

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Are screenshots an option? It would depend on how long the emails are.

3. HelpMe2016 thread starter macrumors newbie

@willmtaylor Unfortunately not, i have 2 years of emails which is about 2700 emails.. I thought about the option to forward them to my personal email but you can imagine the amount of time it will take

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Oh wow, so is your real name E. Snowden? :D

I'm not sure, but I'll look into it further.

5. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

Save them to a pst file at work then copy that.

Keep in mind, anything like this is probably grounds for termination.

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Do you have access to the emails from a computer at work or only from an iPad/iPhone?

7. HelpMe2016 thread starter macrumors newbie

@Mr. Buzzcut I am aware of it. It is for a family member who is at a high position and already ended his contract with the company and has two weeks left before official "departure". For personal reasons he would like to save all his work emails.

@willmtaylor He does have access to them from a computer at work, but through a secured server on a special website and we did not see any ways of saving the emails. This is the reason why we thought maybe we can do something since he has access to them from ipad/iphone

8. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

To my knowledge (happy to learn otherwise) it's not possible since the mailbox is sandboxed and encrypted which is why corps allow email on iPhone without a client like Good.

But forwarding is an option if allowed.

9. HelpMe2016 thread starter macrumors newbie

@Mr. Buzzcut That is unfortunately what i thought as well but maybe i was wrong. Alright well i guess the solution is to forward them one by one if he really wants to keep them..
    Thanks a lot !!

10. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Is there a way, with his email program, to create a sorting rule which forwards them?

11. wepiii macrumors 6502

That would probably work for new emails coming in, but I don't think it would work for the emails already received would it?

12. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

If using Outlook you could create a rule that would forward all emails to a personal address. You could then run it against all emails in the inbox.