Save Every Email

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MBP123, Apr 6, 2008.

1. MBP123 macrumors regular

How do I automatically save every single email I receive in Mail.app locally to my computer without having to manually drag it to a local folder? I tried setting up smart mailboxes, but those dont seem to be set locally. Thanks.

2. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

Set up regular mailboxes and then under Preferences implement Rules based on whatever criteria that you want. This will move the mail from the inbox to the mailbox (read folder).

3. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Am I missing something? Mail automatically saves every email locally, unless you delete it.

4. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

I think the OP is talking about getting them to folders. He/she is using smart mailboxes that don't actually move the mail to the smart mailbox, rather it creates a reference (pointer) to the mail that is probably all in the inbox. At least that's the way I am reading it. I may be wrong.

5. MBP123 thread starter macrumors regular

Okay so I figured it out, but I cannot seem to get it work for Sent emails. I want to save all sent email as well locally to my machine. Is this possible? What setup would I need from the rules?

Thanks

6. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

I haven't seen a way to make this work for Sent Items. If someone else out there knows a trick, I would love to have it.

7. MBP123 thread starter macrumors regular

Ah oh well.

Thanks though. Let me know if you find out how!

8. jplan2008 macrumors regular

cc yourself

If you set preferences to always cc yourself, then you can set rule.