Save for offline listening not syncing

Gohawks!!!

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
Los Angeles
All of the songs I saved for offline listening are not showing up on my iPad. I know that the iCloud is working because I changed one of the pictures on an existing playlist and it changed on my phone. Anyone know a solution or answer.

gforce216

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
I noticed this too. I wonder if they don't sync across devices right now. Really wish they did.

Random hero

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Have you made sure you have iCloud music library on on both devices?

I set an offline playlist up through my phone and it synced instantly to my ipad

gforce216

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
That's a good way to do it. I think what the OP and myself were thinking about was that in Rdio you just hit Download and all your devices would download that song. No playlist required. Good method though that you brought up. I'll use that.

MLVC

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2015
Maastricht, The Netherlands
Whatever playlist I saved for offline listening on my phone, shows up on my Mac, but not the other way around. The playlist shows up on the phone, but without songs. I have to manually search for the playlist on my phone to get the songs. Am I doing something wrong?

Random hero

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
That's a good way to do it. I think what the OP and myself were thinking about was that in Rdio you just hit Download and all your devices would download that song. No playlist required. Good method though that you brought up. I'll use that.

Ok, just to try for you I have just downloaded a song on my phone, as soon as it was done I opened my iPad up and it was sitting in my music app

So as far as I can see it should sync over right away

Gohawks!!!

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
Los Angeles
Just set up Apple Music on my Mac and it is working great. If I remove a song from a playlist it removes it from my phone, but still nothing in the iPad.

gforce216

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
Ok, just to try for you I have just downloaded a song on my phone, as soon as it was done I opened my iPad up and it was sitting in my music app

So as far as I can see it should sync over right away

Was the song made available offline for both your iPhone and iPad? What I'm seeing is that if I pick "Make Offline" it'll only do it on the device I'm currently using.

Peepo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
I wouldn't want all my devices to download music I select on one particular device. It should add to the library though in other devices.