Save for offline listening not syncing

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Gohawks!!!, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Gohawks!!! macrumors member

All of the songs I saved for offline listening are not showing up on my iPad. I know that the iCloud is working because I changed one of the pictures on an existing playlist and it changed on my phone. Anyone know a solution or answer.

2. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

I noticed this too. I wonder if they don't sync across devices right now. Really wish they did.

3. Random hero macrumors regular

Random hero

Have you made sure you have iCloud music library on on both devices?

I set an offline playlist up through my phone and it synced instantly to my ipad

4. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

That's a good way to do it. I think what the OP and myself were thinking about was that in Rdio you just hit Download and all your devices would download that song. No playlist required. Good method though that you brought up. I'll use that.

5. MLVC macrumors 6502

Whatever playlist I saved for offline listening on my phone, shows up on my Mac, but not the other way around. The playlist shows up on the phone, but without songs. I have to manually search for the playlist on my phone to get the songs. Am I doing something wrong?

6. Random hero macrumors regular

Random hero

Ok, just to try for you I have just downloaded a song on my phone, as soon as it was done I opened my iPad up and it was sitting in my music app

So as far as I can see it should sync over right away

7. Gohawks!!! thread starter macrumors member

Just set up Apple Music on my Mac and it is working great. If I remove a song from a playlist it removes it from my phone, but still nothing in the iPad.

8. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

Was the song made available offline for both your iPhone and iPad? What I'm seeing is that if I pick "Make Offline" it'll only do it on the device I'm currently using.

9. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

I think that setting is specific to the device.

10. Peepo macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't want all my devices to download music I select on one particular device. It should add to the library though in other devices.

11. Gohawks!!! thread starter macrumors member

Also none of my saved to library songs from apple music are on my iPad.